Volunteers & Sponsors
Festival of Lights Board of Directors
Sue McCormick, President Carol Brown, Vice President Connie Olson, Treasurer Carrie Cisle, Secretary Event Steering Committee Connie Olson, Chair Sgt. Cathy Bock, Rapid City Police Department Dave Downs, KEVN Jill Eisenbraun Lt. Mark Eisenbraun, Rapid City Police Department Lisa Krebs Nancy Krebs Steve Malone Gwen Markham Brianna Nelson Teresa Wager GUIDELINES FOR FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS VOLUNTEERS:
- The FOL Parade is held in Rapid City on the night of November 26, 2016 (the Saturday after Thanksgiving) starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Volunteers are needed to assist with securing the parade route and crowd control. A pre-parade meeting is held at 2 p.m. We are typically finished with all aspects of the parade by 8:30 p.m. The minimum age to volunteer for the Festival of Lights is 16 years old.
- A strong personality is required to be able to maintain assigned post while politely, yet assertively, guiding traffic, parade participants, and parade crowd. You are representing the FOL! Safety is of the utmost of importance!
- Assigned posts are in the staging area and along the parade route.
- Dress in warm layers and be sure to include warm shoes, gloves, and a cap.
- Bring a working flashlight and cell phone.
- Wear assigned Festival of Lights orange vest.
- You are allowed to bring hot liquids and snack food for personal use.
- Absolutely no alcohol allowed.
- If assigned a radio, maintain radio silence unless communication is required.
- Stay at assigned post until released by Festival of Lights committee person.
- Turn in assigned vest and radio directly to Festival of Lights committee person.
- Contact Connie Olson at 381-4204 or email@example.com with questions or to volunteer.
The organizers wish to thank the City of Rapid City, with special appreciation for the Rapid City Police Department. Thank you, also, to our sponsors: